The Original Manolo Mendez Cavesson
Manolo Created His First Cavesson Over 40 Years Ago
Unlike a traditional Spanish Seratta, which is toothed and has little to no padding. It is light and pleasant for the horse. Our Cavessons are handmade by an artisan in Spain. Manolo uses high-quality leather resulting in a Cavesson that is light and refined and will last for many years.
Why Use A Manolo Mendez Original Cavesson?
Manolo’s Cavesson has a smooth metal nosepiece in place of the usual toothed/serrated nosepiece. Caroline Larrouilh, in collaboration with Manolo, has written articles on his training techniques for the past 14 years. After seeing the original harsh “toothed” seratta, Caroline encouraged Manolo develop a Cavesson that eliminated the harsh ‘toothed’ design and introduce a new type of ‘traditional Cavesson’ — one without teeth.
Because it is light, padded with memory foam, and NON-SERRATED, Manolo’s Original Cavesson provides a uniform and comfortable contact on the horse’s nose. The horse can move its jaw and open its mouth easily, which is essential when seeking to eliminate tension and stress, allowing soft and free-flowing movement. The purpose of this cavesson is NOT to discipline the horse but to help the handler ask gently for correct flexion and to assist in building a more healthy posture. It is ideal for assisting with handling young horses and with rehabilitation after time off work or injury.
How Is It Different Compared To Other Cavessons?
- Most Cavessons are heavy and designed with no attention to detail.
- Our Cavesson is very refined. It rests lightly on your horse’s head, is solidly padded with memory foam, and is NON-SERRATED using only the finest quality leather.
- Unlike most mass-produced cavessons, Manolo Mendez Cavessons are handcrafted of fine leather by an artisan in Spain.
- There is no browband with this Cavesson.
- The jowl straps are designed to allow them to lie over the broadest part of the jaw and to align with the eye level
- There is only one ring rather than three, in order to more easily create correct flexion evenly throughout the horse’s body
- All straps have an extensive range of adjustability for sizing. In addition there are three straps to work with that provide the scope for ease of adjustment and horse comfort.
- Cavessons come in 4 sizes: Pony ,Cob, Full, and Oversized. (See the SIZING GUIDE in HOW TO PURCHASE information.)
An original hand-crafted Manolo Mendez Cavesson can ONLY be purchased directly via email: email@example.com.
Please note: We do not sell MM Cavessons through anyone else.
Please specify the following in your request:
- Color: Black or Brown (Cognac)
- Country of residence
- Include any questions or concerns you may have
- Size: Pony / Cob / Full / Oversized
Price: AUD $240 | USD $180
Available World Wide
International shipping costs based on destination: Shipping costs are based on destination/service
FOR AUSTRALIA: $16.00 (Express Post)
*Price for International destinations varies based on Paypal exchange rate and shipping.