THE ORIGINAL MANOLO MENDEZ SPANISH CAVESSON
Manolo created his first Spanish Cavesson over 30 years ago. Manolo’s newer version of the metal nose piece is SMOOTH and packed with MEMORY FOAM, unlike a traditional Spanish seratta, which is toothed and has little to no padding. It is light and pleasant for the horse. Our Cavessons are handmade by an artisan in Spain. Manolo uses high-quality leather resulting in a Cavesson that is light and refined and will last for many years.
Caroline Larrouilh, who has worked with Manolo for the past 14 years, gave him the idea to produce a Cavesson that eliminated the ‘toothed’ seratta and introduced a new type of ‘traditional Cavesson’ — a Cavesson without teeth.
How to Purchase
You can buy a cheaper version, but there is only one ORIGINAL MANOLO MENDEZ CAVESSON. To purchase an original hand-crafted Manolo Mendez Cavesson, please contact us directly via email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please specify the following in your request:
- Size: Cob / Full / Oversized*
- Color: Black or Brown (Cognac)
- Country of residence
- Include any questions or concerns you may have
* SIZING GUIDE
COB fits a cob type or Arab head
FULL fits a regular TB size head to a warmblood and larger horse
OVERSIZED for Percheron, Draught horses, etc.
Price: AUD $240
Available World Wide
International shipping costs based on destination: Shipping costs are based on destination/service
FOR AUSTRALIA: $16.00 (Express Post)
All Region’s exact price varies based on Paypal exchange rate and shipping.
This Cavesson is not designed to discipline your horse. As with all of Manolo’s training, the Cavesson is a training tool to help you gently guide your horse into correct postures for further In hand and ridden work.
Why Use a Manolo Mendez Original Cavesson?
Because it is light, heavily padded with memory foam and NON SERRATED, Manolo’s Original Cavesson provides a uniform and comfortable contact on the horse’s nose. The horse is able to move its jaw and open his mouth easily which is essential when seeking to eliminate tension and stress to create soft, fluid, harmonious, expressive and beautiful movement.
The cavesson is NOT to be used to discipline the horse. Its purpose is to help the handler asks gently and correctly for the postures and movements that will lead to a calm, rhythmic, even, supple, straight and balanced horse.
Manolo's Cavesson Features
- Handmade by an artisan in Spain. Manolo’s Cavessons are NOT MASS PRODUCED.
- Manolo Mendez Cavessons is light and refined and sit comfortably on the horse.
- Buckles are designed to align with the eyes, the head’s shape, and your horse’s nasal area.
- Smooth nosepiece – no teeth; Only three buckles; One ring instead of three; A safer swiveling central ring;
- No brow brand. All straps have an extensive range of adjustability for sizing.
- Cavessons come in 3 sizes: Cob, Full, and Oversized. (See the SIZING GUIDE on this page’s HOW TO PURCHASE information.
- This design allows your horse to train with comfort.
Compared to Other Cavessons...
- Most Cavessons are heavy and designed with no attention to detail.
- Our Cavesson is very refined. It rests lightly on your horse’s head, is solidly padded with memory foam, and is NON-SERRATED using only the finest quality leather.
- Manolo’s Original Cavesson is designed to allow for movement from head to tail.
- The purpose of this cavesson is to allow your horse’s body to move with freedom; it is not designed to restrict or discipline your horse.
- Manolo has designed this Cavesson drawing from his over 40 years of experience.
Unlike most mass-produced cavessons, Manolo Mendez Cavessons are handcrafted of fine leather by an artisan in Spain.
- Manolo’s Cavesson has a smooth metal nosepiece in place of the usual toothed/serrated nosepiece.
- There is no browband with this Cavesson.
- The jowl straps are swivel in design to allow them to lie over the broadest part of the jaw.
- There is only one ring
- There are three straps to work with that have scope for much adjustment between sizes, therefore covering a wide range of head shapes within the small, medium, and large types.
“The Manolo Mendez Cavesson is a simple but elegant piece of equipment that is easy to use and adjust to fit both of my horses. I use mine for lungeing, and I find it easier to keep my horse straight or properly bending on curved lines than an ordinary cavesson or a bridle. My horses relax, round themselves, and stretch their necks with little encouragement. I no longer need a surcingle or side reins. My gelding can be naughty on the lunge line, but he isn’t with this cavesson. He is comfortable in it and respects it.”
“I received mine just over a month ago and am very impressed with the fit and the way it works. It is unlike any tool I have used before; I love how the horse can be “led” around the circle while lunging or during groundwork. At least, that’s how it feels to me. I’m so glad I got mine; it is made well and of nice leather.”
“My cavesson was waiting in my mailbox on Christmas day. I can honestly say that it is one of the highest quality pieces of equipment I have ever purchased. My mare is already lunging better.”
“I need to say how thrilled I am with the cavesson and the quality of it, and for your communication and helpfulness. And the prompt delivery. The “model”- one of my nine yo Arabian stallions as yet unridden – has shown no resistance at all. I think it is the perfect fit; there is an allowance for the ‘yawn’ room with which he previously had a huge issue; he has not tossed his head at all and is working very kindly and well. Even my other stallion (a differently shaped head, also nine yo and unridden) is working kindly and well with no issues whatsoever. He is inclined to be a little impulsive and impetuous. The balance of the cavesson is unbelievably good. I am looking forward to Manolo’s clinic in Christchurch this January. Particularly any in-hand work. Thank you again.”