This is a close up of the cavesson Manolo uses which is based on a design he created over 30 years ago. It is light and comfortable for the horse. Manolo has all his cavessons hand-made by an artisan in Spain and the exact same cavesson he uses are now available for sale through his facility, Equestrian La Mancha.
Why Use a Manolo Mendez Original Cavesson?
The whole point of the solid serrata is to be able to work from the middle of the nose of the horse in order to create good spinal alignment when asking for flexion and bend. The solid serrata in Manolo’s lifetime experience of working with different tools, works better at staying centered without having to tighten the chin strap to keep it in place.
Because it is heavily padded and lined and in the case of our cavesson, NON SERRATED, it it comfortable and provides uniform contact on the horse’s nose but no pressure if used properly which is never as a discipline tool but as a tool for good alignment and helping develop a straight and supple horse, it
Amongst other things and besides being extremely light and comfortable the Manolo Mendez Original Cavesson has the following features:
– No brow band
– Only two buckles, not three which makes it lighter
– 1 not 3 rings – lighter
– A swiveling central ring
– Cheek pieces that are adjustable because they are not sewn in but attached using rivets which allows them to be positioned properly to keep them out of the horse’s eyes
-Rivets that allow for a greater range of positioning and also makes customizing strap length easier if needed.
– Lined with a special cushy material and has no sharp edges or teeth.
– Seams on the cavesson do not rest against the horse’s nose
– Not too narrow or too wide – serrata were adjusted to Manolo’s specification. In our experience many serratas are too narrow.
– Metal branches of the serrata that are not too long and do not interfere with your horses’ teeth.
– Good quality hinges that attach the serrata to the leather chin strap so there is some give and the serrata is not plastered to the horse’s nose. Ensures hinges wont pinch the horse
– Chin, cheek and poll straps that are long enough for your horse so one cavesson can fit a variety of horses
– Quality metal – made for us by one of Spain’s most established company
– A nose ring that does not jut out too much which can injure a hander
– no sharp edges on metal parts
Manolo’s cavessons are also sized so that it can fit a broader variety of horses and comes in:
- COB: fits a cob or refined arab head.
- FULL: fits a regular TB size head to a warmblood and larger horse,
- OVERSIZE: for Percheron, Draught horses, etc..
Black or Dark Brown (Cognac)
AUSTRALIA: $210 Australian dollars plus GST and shipping (around $20)
INTERNATIONAL: $210 AUD plus shipping (around $36 depending on location)
To PRE-ORDER youe Manolo Mendez original cavesson please email Kate ( email@example.com) and indicate the color you desire: Black or Brown (featured) and the size you want. All our cavessons are hand-made by a small artisan in Spain in small batches so there can be a delay of a few weeks between order and delivery.
Note: If you did not buy it from us, it is not a Manolo Mendez Original Cavesson but a copy.
2017 Testimonial from Caroline MK: “My cavesson was waiting in my mail box on Christmas day. I can honestly say that it is one of the highest quality pieces of equipment I have ever purchased. My mare is already lunging better.”
2017 Testimonial from Kimry J: “I received mine just over a month ago and am very impressed with the fit and the way it works. It is not like any tool I have used before, I love how the horse can be “led” around the circle while lunging or during ground work. At least that’s how it feels to me. I’m so glad I got mine, it is made really well and of nice leather.”
Testimonial from Belinda Simons 12/21/2014
I just need to say how absolutely thrilled I am with the cavesson and the quality of it, and for your communication and helpfulness. And the prompt delivery. The “model”- one of my 9 yo Arabian stallions as yet unridden – has shown no resistance at all. I think it is the perfect fit, there is allowance for ‘yawn’ room which he previously had a huge issue with, has not tossed his head at all and is working very kindly and well. Even my other stallion (a totally different shaped head, also 9 yo and unridden) is working kindly and well with no issues whatsoever, and he is inclined to be a little impulsive and impetuous. The balance of the cavesson is unbelievably good. I am really looking forward to Manolo’s clinic in Christchurch this January. Particularly any in-hand work. Thank you again.